Health education is a combination of learning experiences designed to help individuals or communities improve their health, by increasing their knowledge or influencing their attitudes, by focusing on prevention. Diabetes education will reduce the costs that individuals, families, insurance companies, medical facilities, communities, the state, and the nation would spend on medical treatment.
Health promotion is the process of enabling people to increase control over and to improve their health, it moves beyond a focus on individual behavior towards the wide range of environmental and social interventions.
Historically, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s), National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (NCCDPHP) has provided funding for state chronic disease programs for specific chronic conditions and risk factors, releasing a separate funding opportunity for announcements (FOAs) to address diabetes, cardiovascular disease, and obesity. However, chronic diseases have a high incidence of comorbidity, and the burden of these diseases has continued to increase.
Awareness of various aspects of Diabetes is essential for the prevention, control, and management of the disease. However, several studies have consistently written that awareness of Diabetes in the general population is low.
Awareness + Education is more powerful cure for diabetes and many such chronic diseases. Knowing symptoms of type 1 diabetes, will be life-saving when a diagnosis is right around the corner. If you’re at the risk for type 2 diabetes, education can help to prevent or delay the progression of the disease. Education helps our communities offer support instead of blame through a very challenging disease is invaluable. It’s only by raising awareness that we can help everyone else to understand what we live with and how to be health in diabetes.
• Concept of health education & health promotion in diabetes
• National Diabetes Prevention Programs
• Public Awareness Campaigns
• Promotional Initiatives – Webinars, Books & Publications
• Complete diabetes awareness
• Role and importance of diabetes education & promotion
• Health promotion strategies
• Basic principles of health education
- Diabetes Surgery: A New Discipline
- Diabetes and Bariatric Surgery
- Diabetes and Metabolic surgeries
- Diabetes and Sleeve gastrectomy
- Diabetes and Heart / Vascular Surgery
- Diabetes organ transplantation / organ removal surgery
- The Risks and complications of Surgery for Diabetics
- Diabetes Surgery: Opportunities, Barriers, and Limitations